This isn't an ICBC recipe, but I had to share, because this was absolutely fabulous: spring asparagus pancetta hash from Smitten Kitchen. It took a bit of prep work (cubing the potatos, chopping the onions, etc) but it was just amazing. I made a lovely over-easy egg thanks to Carrie pointing me towards the "steaming" technique and it was all devine. I had never had panchetta before and was kind of wary... I'm not a big fan of processed meats and I usually veer towards meat-free recipes, but I loved the salty cubes. It was a bit like ready-to-go pork chop meat and I'd like to try and use it again. It took a while to find, but it was with the lunch meats and sasagues at Trader Joe's.
I guess the point of all of this is to share a recipe that just made my day and to say "make it!"
I also just noticed that Smitten Kitchen sells prints of her lovely photos. I'm so tempted to redecorate our kitchen with her prints. Sorry Beatles poster?
Thursday, June 24, 2010
High five to Smitten Kitchen!
Posted by
redwren
at
12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Love the over easy egg!
Also, I just noticed she sells prints this week too, and want to hang photos of ingredients on my kitchen walls. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who thought that.
Post a Comment